Monday, May 20, 2013

Resting

Yesterday was a hello/goodbye day (goodbye to Brownells for the summer and hello to interim pastor Pat Ross) at Hillsdale church, and there were many beautiful moments.  But I think my favorite was the choir singing "I'm gonna sing when the spirit says sing," with an extra verse they put in, as director Tim explained, just for me, because they know it's going to be a challenge during this sabbatical.  "I'm gonna rest when the spirit says rest."

Those who are worried I might have a hard time resting  (and it's true, rest does NOT come naturally!) will be glad to know that after all that good food and company,  I went to a food cart downtown and ate  some more - a ridiculous waffle (topped with banana, caramel, peanut butter and candied pecans) and then came home and took a nap in the sun.

Here's the song, btw, in case you don't know it.  It is missing the all important "rest" verse, but you get the idea.


No comments:

Post a Comment